Followers

Friday 7 April 2017

#WDE



Sharing an ultra CAS card featuring a fab image called Dark Queen from Tiddly Inks.


Edna has gone all silly over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and I thought it would be fun to join her.  Now if I’d put a lampshade on my head like Edna it would probably be more obvious how I was being silly, it would also have been a whole lot harder to make my card.  So here’s the lowdown on the silly side of this card.  It starts with my #WDE sentiment (nope not worst day ever although that would kinda work), world’s worst director, and no, that’s not a dig at Robert Stromberg’s efforts on Maleficent.  At my work it’s what we call some of our team leaders, not the worst ever part, the director part.  Well, actually, it was the worst ever part one of my colleagues did get called that made me want to make a card for her to help her laugh over the whole thing.  I just abbreviated and added the hash tag when she was telling me about it as she happens to work in our M&C department and it seemed fitting in this social media age (I say that as though I might know how hash tags actually work, which I don’t!).

So maybe not all that silly but open the card and you get a bit of snarky silliness in my corruption of our values.


Apparently the reasons she is #WDE include her setting of impossible deadlines (deadlines being merely aspirational for her staff member) and her pure evilness in expecting her staff to do work for their clients.

I went with the Maleficent style character after seeing the current inspired by a book or movie theme at Craft Rocket. I’d originally been planning on using a ‘kiss my butt’ image but switched out for Maleficent instead after I went looking in my appropriately titled ‘Literary and Movie Character’ folder of digis and realised the evil but good character was perfect for the sentiment behind my card.  For all that her staff member has claimed my colleague is actually an awesome team leader and the rest of her staff thinks she is too.

Over at Quirky Crafts they are looking for quirky pets.  You don’t get too much more quirky than an enchanted raven-man as a pet although I’d be happy to have one if anyone is offering!  So a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun to make my colleague laugh and a me to unwind at the end of another long week at work with a spot of craftiness.

Ingredients:
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers ~ Barn Door, Black Soot, Gathered Twigs, Hickory Smoke, Tea Dye & Vintage Photo
Twinkling H2Os ~ Pewter
Papers
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Black
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. A great card and I love the backstory! Thanks for playing with us at SoSS and showing your silly side, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. #LOL! Great card and backstory. It's always annoying when bosses/team leaders/directors actually expect their staff to work! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this - my daughter is an IT team leader and impossible deadlines are a speciality of hers. She'd love to poke fun at herself with something like this! I'm here wearing two hats and your card is perfect for both challenges, so thank you for playing along at Quirky Crafts and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha - I would love a quirky raven-man as a pet too! Anybody offering?? I do love this card and it is perfect for our challenge over at Quirky Crafts! I love the simplicity of this design which allows the image to really captivate.

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhhhh loves that image!!! This is just perfect!!
    Thanks for getting your silly on with the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love this one, beautiful! Thanks for being silly with the sisterhood of snarky stampers.

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh a definite Quirky pet! Thanks for joining in with us at Quirky Craft Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool. Thanks for playing along at Craft Rocket Challenges. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: