Followers

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Tomorrow I’ll probably still be a dog


I’m sharing a card today featuring one of Tim Holtz’s Crazy Dog stamps.

Sometimes a simple shaker card is not enough and sometimes it’s not enough to have a slider element.  When that’s the case you need a shaker with slider that kinda spins madly too!  In all seriousness, this card ended up a slider and shaker from the current sketch at Sketch Saturday.  I thought the layout worked perfectly for a shaker but when I fussy cut my dog for the star element and placed it on the card for positioning I thought, he really needs to slide.  So I added in the slide die cut.  Wasn’t till I glued down the top that I noticed I left the green behind the slider showing, oops!  My sentiment die cut didn’t quite fill all the space of the top element of the layout so I added in the bone die cut too and popped that off the page with some silicon to give it a 3D effect.
My sentiment has been inlaid die cut as that is the current “topping” option at Seize the Birthday.  I love the effect created especially as I used Elizabeth Crafts Shimmer Sheetz for the die cut so the words have a lovely shine.  The colour is echoed in the background for the shaker made with alcohol inks.  I die cut some extra bones and tennis balls from more Shimmer Sheetz to add to my green shaker mix so my little dog looks like he is running in the grass after some balls and ready to bury some bones.
I’ve made this card for a male, hence the dog and CAS style so I am entering it in the current challenge at Moving Along With the Times.
Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts ~ LF1202 Slide on Over
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks ~ Alcohol Blending Solution, Citrus, Gold Mixative, Lettuce, Silver Mixative & Sunshine Yellow 
Tim Holtz Distress Reinker ~ Black Soot, Candied Apple, Gathered Twigs & Tea Dye 
Papers 
Elizabeth Crafts Shimmer Sheetz ~ Green Iridescent & White Iridescent
Pion Design Palette Cardstock ~ White I 
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Cucumber Crush 
Stamps 
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS272 Mini Cats & Dogs 
Challenges 
Moving Along With the Times ~ For a Man
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Emma. Love the little dog. Thanks for sharing with us at Sketch Saturday and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A shaker and a slider, what fun! This cute card is sure to make someone smile :) So glad you shared with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun combination, shaker and slider is great and I love the dog and bone detail. Such a fun card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x Jessie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: