Followers

Saturday 7 May 2016

…will gaze upon the mere bookworms…



I’m sharing a card today made for a friend with Lil’ Bookworm Fairy by Ching-Chou Kuik.


My card follows the current sketch at Cheerful Sketches with lots of lovely layers that I have added to by double matting each of my designer papers and my image.  I swapped out the long rectangular element for some ribbon and lace and did my layout in a lovely palette of pinks, greens and yellows.

Over at the Ching-Chou Kuik Inspiration and Challenge blog the current theme is cats or dogs and the sweet kitty on the delightful Ching-Chou Kuik image I’ve chosen means I will also link my card up there.  I tried to colour the kitty to match the new kitten that has recently joined my friend’s family, a birthday present for her youngest daughter.

Speaking of cats, the current challenge at Crafty Catz is for female projects.  With the pretty lady and elements on this card it could only be for a female so I’m also entering my card in their challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E31, E35, G40
Lips R24
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit RV10, RV13, RV21
Wings B0000, B000, B00
Books B01, B12, B14, B37, B39, BG90, BG93, BG96, BG99, E40, E41, E42, R02, V20, V22, V25, V28, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28, YG93
Cat C00, E33, E55, E95, Y21, YR15
Embellishments
Petaloo Botanica Collection ~ Faux Dried Minis Green
Petaloo Darjeeling Collection ~ Dahlias Teastained Pink
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Foxy & Parakeet
Ribbons & Trims etc
Pink Printed Cotton Ribbon from stash
White Lace from stash coloured with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink
Stamps
Challenges
Ching-Chou Kuik Inspiration and Challenge ~ Cats or dogs

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is just fantastic Emily!
    Love the colors and the digi.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Cheerful Sketches Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches. Good luck!
    Bye,
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card with eyecatching coloring.
    Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: