Followers

Saturday 22 August 2015

Give me wine which maketh glad…



I’ve made a card tonight featuring the lovely Wine O’clock image from Saturated Canary.


Now as soon as I saw this image I knew I wanted it, problem was it wasn’t available at Krista’s shop, no, this one came on a CD with a magazine, Complete Cardmaking.  Big problem as it was the last edition published and it was sold out!  I entered a blog candy contest where two of the magazines were offered as prizes but sadly didn’t win.  A crafty friend of mine won a copy but that didn’t help me as you don’t share digis.  So I put the research skills I’ve honed at work into action and I hunted down a copy of the magazine, although it was on a site I had never used and so I was sure I’d either never see the magazine or get a refund as they were sold out.  Luckily the website turned out to be legit and they did have the magazine and so I am the happy owner of this image and Bathing Beauty, another Saturated Canary image that came on the CD.  And of course I just had to colour her up once I had her.

To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch at Sketch Saturday, it only went up today but as I had to grab this opportunity to get this card done it was perfect timing.  I just loved the circles in the sketch and when I went hunting for other challenges to help me decorate my card I couldn’t go past Cupcake Inspirations.  I’ve taken the black and white and the various toppers as my embellies from the cupcakes featured.

I cut the bow and shoes from Grungeboard and enamelled them with UTEE.  Lots of pearls and some roses and I was done.  With all my girlie embellies and my party girl image this card fits the ladies’ night theme over at Crafting When We Can perfectly so I am also entering my card in their challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B91, B93, B95, B99, 0
Lips R14, R46, RV99
Hair E99, YR23, YR24, YR32
Outfit BG09, BG11, BG15, BG32
Wine & Glass BG0000, R56, R59, RV69
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger ~ UTEE Black
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
All Occasion Dies ~ 049 Small Shoes and Boots
Noor! Design Die ~ 6002/0184 Small Bow
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ S4-116 Standard Circles Small
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Pearls ~ Pearl Strip White
Pearls from stash
Prima ~ Say It In Crystals Resin Roses (coloured with Various Ink 100)
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock Monochromatic ~ Raven
BoBunny Enchanted ~ Dot
Stamps
Saturated Canary ~ Wine O’clock
Challenges
Sketch Saturday ~ Week #375
 
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Love this fab image,a gorgeous card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so fun! Love all the touches of glam! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope you'll join us again tomorrow for another fun challenge!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the design and your fantastic coloring - thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I call that some serious investigative work to track down that digi!!! It was well worth it. Works perfectly with the Sketch Saturday layout with the bubbles. Thanks so much for sharing this with us and your story. It was inspiring. Get out there and get what you want. One of my most favorite sayings is "Never Give Up". I stick to that and I believe you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab colouring Emily, I love your grunge board embellies, great idea to UTEE them.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When I Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: