Followers

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Happy Birthday Erin!



So it’s maybe just still a special person’s birthday over on their side of the world, a teamie from the SBS DT, Erin’s, and I’ve a card made especially for her with the super cute image Betty drew for her.


I had to do this card in a limited time due to work being so busy so boy was I glad my new step card die arrived in the mail just in time.  It made doing up the base super easy and allowed me to do a fancier card than time would otherwise have allowed as no measuring, just used the die pieces.

I was a bit stumped on how to decorate the card, when I layered on the die cuts it looked a bit plain so I did what I always do when I need inspiration, I went and checked out the challenges listed on Paper Playful.  Clear It Out has a challenge going to use an animal, had that so then on to the stash item, it was striped paper.  Had a bit of a dig around my scrap draw and ta-dah! this fab messy stripe paper in purple too, from the back of it I’d say it’s from Graphic 45’s Halloween in Wonderland collection.  The messy stripes kinda look like twigs I thought, perfect for little owls to perch on.

And aren’t those owls just gorgeous, loving the dies in the La-La-Land Club Kits!  The tag is from the same kit and I layered things up with different adhesives to add depth to my card.  With all my layers I am entering this in the current challenge over at Come and Get It.

The image comes with and without the fabby frame; I decided my card shape really needed a frame so I went with that version.  As I have a frame I am also entering this in Stamps & Fun = Creativity’s current challenge.  Rather than fussy cut the inside of my frame too I decided to add a bit of sparkle and bling with a painted background using some Twinkling H2Os, which I think finished off the card nicely.

Sure hope you had an awesome day Erin and you like your card, it isn’t quite coming to you via Owl Mail but is winging its way over to you!

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes BG70, BG72, BG75
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit B02, B04, B06, N0, N1, N2
Owl E11, E13, E15, E18, E30, E31, Y23, Y26, Y28
Frame E42, E44, E47, E49, G05, G09, R20, R22
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Vintage Photo
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock ~ Pansy
Kaisercraft Attitude ~ Dude
Prima Cartographer ~ Les Yeux
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: