Followers

Monday 4 August 2014

…his work is noiseless, and his hands are mutes



I have another masculine card today for another colleague at work, this one I’ve used Some Odd Girl’s 1920’s Kody on.


Kody is my trusty go-to image for male cards, he is my favourite for them as he is so very stylish and works for a CAS through to a more elaborate card.  I’ve also used a couple of different Nesties on my card, I love my Nesties, there must be a shape for every occasion, I just wish my bank balance allowed me to buy them all!  Allsorts Challenge is running a ‘favourite things’ challenge so I am linking up my card there.

To make up my card I followed the current sketch at Sketch n’ Dies, one of my favourite sketch challenges.  I took their sketch and flipped it for the ‘front’ of my card so I could turn it into an easel for interest and have the pennants give a deliberately uneven edge to the card.  I used the sketch again for the base of my easel.

I didn’t want this to be feminine so I swapped out the flower element for a jute star-type flower that I made myself.  I used a clock face brad from my stash to hold my flower together and to tie in with the washi I used on the flags.  As this card is heading off to a male and hopefully is fairly masculine I am also entering it in the current challenge at the Alphabet Challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (cheeks E02)
Eyes E30, E35, 0
Lips E11
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit N0, N1, N2, T4, T6, T8, Y23, Y26, Y28, W1, W3, W5, W7, 100
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Labels Twelve & Pennants
Embellishments
Brad from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot
Papers
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Liquorice
Kraft Cardstock from stash
Ribbons & Trims etc
Gold Dot Washi Tape from stash
Green Tara Washi Tape ~ Vintage Watches
Jute Trim from stash
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous masculine card. I love the pennants. Such a nice touch. I adore that star bow. Such a great idea.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very masculine! I admire your coloring skills. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this you've turned the sketch this looks soooo good thanks for joining us at sketch 'n dies I hope to see more of your work
    Hugs Tonnie GDT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: