Followers

Thursday 10 April 2014

...the night sky as the canvas



It’s challenge time at Simply Challenged Challenges and we have a really easy theme for you, anything goes, for which I’ve made a card featuring Rocket Betty from the 4th of July Betty Boo collection at Simply B Stamps.


To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch at Friday Sketch, I love all the layers that let me show off a whole lot of starry papers.  Some Bling on a Roll added just the right amount of, well, bling given I had all that lovely glitter on the papers I used.

We don’t celebrate 4th of July here in Australia so I steered away from a total red, white and blue colour scheme but couldn’t stay away from it completely.  I think the blue behind Rocket Betty looks great though and with it, I am entering this in the current Kit and Clowder challenge.  Scrapping4fun has an anything goes challenge on at the moment so I am also linking this over there.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B23, B28, 0
Lips R24, R29
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Bikini R24, R29, R46, R59
Firecrackers R24, R29, R46, Y11, Y13, Y15
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Festive Berries & Wild Honey
Papers
Bella BLVD All American ~ Seeing Stars
DCWV Matstack ~ Stardust
Ribbons & Trims etc
Darice Bling on a Roll ~ Silver
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the colors and the layering! Cute image!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring is fantastic, and I really love the papers you have used. Thanks for sharing this with us at Friday Sketch challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Love the layering and the sexy image. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: