Followers

Saturday 15 February 2014

In the lilt of Irish laughter


My final card today features another cute image from Simply B Stamps’ new Teen Scene Holiday collection, Patriotic Jude.


Now Jude is supposed to be celebrating 4th of July but unsurprisingly it isn’t a holiday we have in Australia so I’ve gone with a different theme altogether on my card, St Patrick’s Day.  All I did was add some strategically placed gems over the stars on Jude’s hat and in the sparklers.  I was going to go for shamrock cut outs but no way was I trying to cut them the size I needed, I’m not sure even my Cameo would have coped.

The layout of my card follows the current sketch at Digi Sketch and I also have their green twist covered.  I did swap out the circle elements for some Celtic knots to better suit my theme.  As St Paddy’s Day, or using green, are the themes over at Simply Create Too so I am also entering this card there, I have both covered on mine. 

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E21, E11, E50, E51
Eyes E23, Y26, 0
Mouth E02, R02
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit G00, G02, G03, G05, G07, G09, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28, YG00, YG01, YG03
Firecracker Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28, YG00, YG01, YG03
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Classic Circles & Grand Circles
Spellbinders Shapeabilities ~ Celtic Accents
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Rhinestones ~ Lime
Inks & Paints etc
Smooch Spritz ~ Emerald Sprinkle
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Mown Lawn, Pine Needles & Wild Honey
Papers
American Crafts Cardstock ~ White
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Forest
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love this gorgeous card,fab image and papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE him in green!!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Emily: Your St Patrick's Day card is so pretty --love your Celtic knots on your background and that you took the patriotic Jude stamp and re-purposed it to fit your needs--great idea!


    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: