Followers

Saturday 31 August 2013

Won’t You Take Me to Funkytown



It seems the birthdays never stop, this card is for a young friend who is a bit of a tomboy.  It features a KennyK image, Tomboy Trouble.





I always seem to come in just under the wire with my Through the Purple Haze challenge entries and this week is no different, apart from a busy week at work I also found the theme quite challenging.  It was ‘funky’, not sure if I got it right, I’m not sure I’ve ever been funky in my life!

I followed a sketch at Delightful Inspirations, I did add a twist of turning it into an easel card and used birthday themed embellies rather than the hearts on the sketch.  It would have been good if I’d had blue and red Mizuhiki but I had to go with what I had, the colours are a bit to pastel but c’est la vie.

The Mizuhiki did make a nice bow though and there are a number of Jessie James buttons so I’m also entering this at the current challenge at Stamping with the Dragon.  I’ve got a digi stamp on it and it is mostly definitely for a birthday so I’m also entering it over at Dutch Dare Card Challenges and Happy Campers Challenges.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53, (cheeks E11)
Eyes B91, B93, B95
Lips RV23, RV25, RV29
Hair RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29
T-Shirt & Socks T6, T8, T10, 100
Shorts B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
Boots & Braces R37, R89, RV29, RV69, Spica Gold
Dies
Spellbinders Nestabilities Grand Circles
Embellishments
Bella BLVD All American – Just Write Journaling Stickers
Jesse James Dress It Up – Birthday & Birthday Candle
Mizuhiki
Papers
Stamps
Challenges

Update: How awesome, I was picked as the winner of the Funky challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!



8 comments:

  1. I LOVE it, & I definitely think she is funky, oh & when I read your post title I did start singing it lol :)
    Thanks for joining us again at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges xxx

    Hugs
    Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, this is such a cool card! Love your work!! Thanks for joining us again!! Your tomboy girl is colored so beautifully! Love the Mizuhiki!

    Darcy DT
    Through the Purple Haze Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Emily, I love this card!! All the fantastic embellishments are amazing. The image is so cute but a little bit sexy! (Love the boots)
    Good luck and thanks for entering the challenge this week.
    Lisa
    Through The Purple Haze DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that's really a fabulous card. So full of candy for the eyes! Love the coloring of the image.

    Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card , love it. Thank you for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon. Hugs Tina (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at Stamping Dragon Design Challenge hugs Sue (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Looks like it could explode. thank you for joining The Happy Campers Challenge and good luck.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: