Followers

Saturday 16 February 2013

Making a Splash

Another day another birthday card in February to make!  This one features Under the Sea Mae, which was my prize for winning the Some Odd Girl sketch challenge back in November last year.


Copics Colours:
Skin E000, E00, E02, E11, (cheeks E95, lips R20 & E95)
Eyes B00, B02, B05
Hair Y13, Y15, Y17, Y38
Shell and bikini top RV000, RV02, RV04, RV06 (Spica pen highlight on shell)
Tail V91, V95, RV95, colourless blender

I used a Nestie to cut the shape around Mae and coloured the edging with chalk.  To add some depth I’ve used 3D Zots to adhere Mae to the card.  To make up the card I’ve followed the sketch for this month’s SOG sketch challenge, seemed only fitting to use my new Oddie for the first of their challenges I’ve done this year.

The background paper is from the Once Upon a Time mat stack from DCWV.  The shells are a Spellbinders’ die cut from Shimmer Sheetz in three different colours and the banner is also from Spellbinders.  I stamped the sentiment, which came with the Under the Sea Mae set, and then traced the letters with a Spica pen and added the dots.  I used a 3D Zot under the largest round part of each shell to give them a bit of a 3D effect and adhered the other edge down flat.

For the inside I’ve used the same paper from the DCWV mat stack and another Nestie again using chalk for the edging.  The sentiment was from a CTMH set and I also traced over the letters with a Spica pen to add some more sparkle.


I’m entering this over at the SOG blog in their February sketch challenge.

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment, I’d love to hear your thoughts :-)

1 comment:

  1. wow this is gorgeous..loving all the purple..thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: