Followers

Sunday 17 February 2013

Industrial Age

I made this card for one of my staff at work.


The background paper Hot Off the Press Steampunk.  I made the orange piece from some textured white cardstock that I inked with Ranger Monarch Orange and stamped with Encore Bronze before adding some clear embossing powder.  The stamp is Papermania’s Chronology Looking Glasses.  It was a bit too bright when it was finished so I went over it all with Distress Ink in Black Soot.  I added some Tim Holtz game spinners and sprockets; the pocket watch is an Owlet Eyelet one that I distressed with some black Staz-On ink.

The metal label frame is from my stash, I can’t remember where I bought it from any more, way too much stuff in my stash!  The sentiment is from CTMH, the actual stamp had ‘number’ written out with three dots but it wouldn’t fit in the frame so I only inked the other words and then added in the hash with a silver pen.

The CTMH set contains sentiments that are broken up for the outside and inside of the card.  I picked this one, not because my staff member is old but because his age is the subject of much speculation among the team.  They are all trying different techniques to get him to ‘fess up!

I used the same paper on the inside and some more of the textured white card, this time I used chalks to colour it.  I added another pocket watch brad, again distressed with Staz-On ink.


I think this card turned out quite well, guy cards are always hard to do.  Sure hope he likes it!

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment, I’d love to hear your thoughts :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: