Followers

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Tricky things layers


This is a card I made for a friend’s birthday, the first one with a Cricut cut that I posted up on the MB for the world to see.  I just tucked it away on a thread not too many people would likely visit!


It was also the first time I ever tried using my Cricut machine to cut a layered picture.  I think I did something wrong as the layers didn’t seem to match up too well (see the really long tulip stem going nearly off the card) but I just pretend that is was meant to be that way!

I used some Magnolia papers for the tulips and the oval frame.  I cut the tulips from the Art Nouveau cart and the frame from the Creative Memories Reminisce cart.

The butterflies and sentiment are stamps, I used Stickles to add some sparkle to the butterflies.  I added a couple of pearls to the frame and finished with an embossed border.  I used Kassie’s Brocade in my Cuttlebug.  This is my favourite machine, as much as the Cricut is great in doing cuts (especially nice even sized squares, circles and ovals) I absolutely love the Cuttlebug and how great the embossing turns out. 

We just won’t talk about how many embossing folders I own or the fact I’m on to my third storage solution for them!


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful card! Love the embossing and the colors you used. I like the way the stem trails down it looks perfect
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: